- Best handheld showerheads. General Information
- Our recommend TOP 10 best handheld showerheads:
- LDR 520 3110WT Complete 3 Function Handheld Massage Showerhead Set
- Hydroluxe Full-Chrome 24 Function Ultra-Luxury
- YOO.MEE High Pressure Multi-functions Handheld Shower Head with Hose
- DreamSpa 9-inch Rainfall Showerhead/Handheld Combo
- Moen Magnetix Six-Function Handheld Showerhead with Eco-Performance Magnetic Docking System
- AquaDance 7″ Premium High Pressure 3-way Rainfall Shower Combo
- Moen 26112SRN Six-Function 5.5 Diameter Spray Head Handshower Showerhead
- Waterpik SM-653CG Original Shower Massage Handheld Showerhead
- Delta 58467 In2ition 4-setting Two-in-One Handshower Showerhead
- HotelSpa 42-Setting Ultra-Luxury 3 Way Shower-Head/ Handheld Shower Combo
- Buyer’s guide and resume
Nearly everyone loves a good shower and not just any kind of shower, but one with warm water, great pressure, and of course, the right spray. One of the best ways to ensure that your shower is everything that you could possibly want it to be is to make sure that you get the right showerhead for your bathroom.
Handheld showerheads make it easy for you to have a superbly relaxing shower and provide you with the ability to get a deep cleansing. We know the ins and outs of a good showerhead and we have compiled the top ten showerheads for you to browse and choose from in our guide, because what could be better than the perfect shower? Not much, in our opinion.
In this guide, we will provide you with the top handheld showerheads for 2017 while also giving you a few ideas on what to look for while shipping for a showerhead so that when you go to make your purchase, you are full prepared.
Following are the top 10 handheld showerheads for 2017
Best handheld showerheads – comparison table
|Picture||Product Name||Main characteristics||Amazon Price|
|LDR 520 3110WT Complete 3 Function Handheld Massage Showerhead Set||Product Dimensions: 13.2 x 6.5 x 3.8 inches.
Item Weight: 1.2 pounds.
|Hydroluxe Full-Chrome 24 Function Ultra-Luxury||Product Dimensions: 6 x 4 x 9 inches.
Item Weight: 1.8 pounds.
|YOO.MEE High Pressure Multi-functions Handheld Shower Head with Hose||Product Dimensions: 8.9 x 3.3 x 1.8 inches.
Item Weight: 1.1 pounds.
|DreamSpa 9-inch Rainfall Showerhead/Handheld Combo||Product Dimensions: 5 x 4 x 9 inches.
Item Weight: 1.8 pounds.
Material: High-Grade Chrome Plated ABS, Stainless Steel.
|Moen Magnetix Six-Function Handheld Showerhead with Eco-Performance Magnetic Docking System||Product Dimensions: 6 x 6 x 12.6 inches.
Item Weight: 1.7 pounds.
Color: Brushed Nickel.
|AquaDance 7″ Premium High Pressure 3-way Rainfall Shower Combo||Product Dimensions: 7 x 4 x 10 inches.
Item Weight: 2.2 pounds.
Material: Chrome Plated Premium ABS, Stainless Steel.
|Moen 26112SRN Six-Function 5.5 Diameter Spray Head Handshower Showerhead||Product Dimensions: 6 x 7 x 13.6 inches.
Item Weight: 2 pounds.
Color: Spot Resist Brushed Nickel
|Waterpik SM-653CG Original Shower Massage Handheld Showerhead||Product Dimensions: 9.9 x 8 x 14 inches.
Item Weight: 1.1 pounds.
|Delta 58467 In2ition 4-setting Two-in-One Handshower Showerhead||Product Dimensions: 5 x 7 x 5 inches.
Item Weight: 2.4 pounds.
|HotelSpa 42-Setting Ultra-Luxury 3 Way Shower-Head/ Handheld Shower Combo||Product Dimensions: 6 x 5 x 9.5 inches.
Item Weight: 1.5 pounds.
Color: Brushed Nickel.
Material: ABS, Stainless Steel, Brushed NIckel
The LDR is a simple and affordable option that provides plenty of features, including a long 72-inch hose for easy handheld showerhead showering.
The rub-clean nozzles are very easy to install with instructions that come included with the showerhead. The set includes a handheld showerhead that provides three different settings: spray, massage, or both at the same time. With a water flow of 2.5 GPM, you can expect decent water pressure. The set includes tape to help user avoid leaks at the different connections.
The installation is easy to do and the price is more affordable than most. It also has an adjustable ball joint socket which helps you to shower in different areas of the shower if you need to, and the holder does a good job of keeping it stable for a hands-free shower.
As with most showerheads or products, you may find a couple of flaws, as well as great features. These are the top pros and cons:
- The LDR 520 is easy to install.
- It is very affordable.
- The long hose is convenient.
- The pressure isn’t that strong.
- It may end up leaking without thread tape.
What could be better than a massage in the shower? That’s one of the reasons why this showerhead belongs on this list, flaws and all. With its top feature of 5 settings, you get a massage shower included. The other settings are Power Rain, Stay-Warm Mist, and Water-saving rain and Pause.
Something that makes the Hydroluxe Full-Chrome 24 Function Ultra-Luxury Shower-Head stand out from the rest is that it comes with 24 different water flow settings and also has rub-clean jets. For those who are tall and want a lengthy hose, this showerhead comes with a 5-foot hose. It also has a 3-way water diverter to make sure that you can change the pressure.
Some of the things that you would want to look for in a quality showerhead are found in this one, such as these following features:
- It has a pause button which will help only allow a small drip to come through.
- It has two heads, one for a normal shower and one for when you want to use the handheld.
- It includes a 3-zone click lever dial.
- Its face is made from chrome.
- The hose is stainless steel.
Of course, like any product, you will find both pros and cons. They are as follows for the Hydroluxe Full-Chrome 24 Function Ultra-Luxury Shower-Head/Handheld Shower Combo:
- It doesn’t require tools for installation.
- It provides plenty of options for use.
- It looks good.
- It’s a high-quality shower head.
- The water flow restrictor has to be manually removed (for those who may not receive high water pressure in their area).
- The cradle design for the handheld showerhead is a tad flimsy.
For its price, multiple settings, and easy-to-install factor, we think this showerhead is a good purchase. While it has minor cons, the pros and top features are what most people could want in their showerhead. Its good quality and functionality make it a top 10 showerhead in our books.
This product page on Amazon for details and customer reviews.
The YOO.MEE showerhead helps to provide great water pressure without being too harsh or too much. It’s a simple yet functional showerhead that offers variety for users.
The YOO.MEE showerhead includes a 2XP Turbo water conservation technology and has special water pause impact spray for those who may need a water massage for muscle issues. The showerhead kit also includes tape to help keep your showerhead and hose free form leaks for users to enjoy pleasant showers. It has a shower bracket and a hose that is made from stainless steel. Because of its braided hose design, it doesn’t twist and curve, making it easy to shower comfortably, whether you use it stationary or handheld.
The YOO.MEE is also lightweight, which means that it’s easy to take a long shower without getting tired.
To make sure that you understand both sides of the coin, we are including the pros and cons of this showerhead:
- It provides users with good water pressure.
- The YOO.MEE showerhead is light-weight.
- It is easy to install.
- The water spray may be too heavy for some people’s liking.
- The showerhead holder doesn’t have a very tight grip.
The DreamSpa 9-inch Rainfall showerhead has a very unique stationary head, as well as a unique design for the handheld head. It’s a luxurious style without costing you an arm and a leg.
The stationary showerhead is a whole 9 inches providing users with plenty of water coverage in their shower. Its rub-clean jets mean that keeping your showerheads clean will be an easy process. It also includes suction brackets which help to keep the handheld showerhead in place. The hose is very flexible, which makes it easy to hold and use and is made from stainless steel.
Some other key features are:
- A button for switching between showerheads
- A variety of settings: power rain, aeration massage, and waterfall
- Its angle adjustable as well
While this is a fancy and unique showerhead, it does have its pros and cons. They are as follows:
- A broad showerhead that provides plenty of waterfall.
- It has a tool-free installation.
- The instructions are very easy to follow.
- It has a lifetime limited warranty.
- It isn’t made from quality materials.
- The DreamSpa 9-inch Rainfall Showerhead has been known to leak after a few months of use.
If the name is a clue to the unique component in the Moen Magnetix showerhead, we would have to say that it would be the magnetic docking technology in this showerhead. This unique feature helps users avoid the headache of trying to make sure the showerhead is docked correctly every time.
Some of the attractive features of the Moen Magnetix are that it has a metal hose that is kink-free and is of lengthy reach. While its 3.5 showerhead isn’t the biggest, it provides a good amount of water pressure that makes showers a relaxing experience. It also meets Epa water sense criteria for water conservation, but still offers users enough water for a good shower. It’s made from brushed nickel and it has a tool-free installation.
While it is an excellent option for those who don’t want to hassle with showerhead holders, it comes with its flaws and benefits:
- It is easy to use due to its magnetic docking.
- The Moen Magnetix is easy to install.
- It has a decent water pressure.
- It is affordable.
- It works well for shorter people.
- It doesn’t have the highest water pressure.
- It often leaks if not installed correctly.
If you are a multiple-person household, the settings on this showerhead provide plenty of variety for different preferences. They are Power Rain, Massage, Rain Mist, Rain Massage, Power Mist, and Pause.
The ergonomic grip handle on this showerhead makes it easy to hold even in the wet shower and its rub-clean jets makes it easy to clean. It has an overhead bracket and its 3-way water diverter means you can use whichever showerhead you want at any time you want. It’s also angle adjustable, so you can shower in any corner of the shower that you want. For those who struggle with hoses, this one is a beauty at 5 feet and with a very flexible design. It also includes Teflon tape to help you avoid leaks. The rain showerhead provides a good amount of water pressure for pleasant showers.
Of course, to make sure that you make an informed purchase, we are including the pros, and unfortunately the cons to this AquaDance showerhead:
- It is made with good quality materials: chrome, chrome-plated premium ABS, and stainless steel.
- It has plenty of options to choose from so that you get the water spray that you want.
- It is easy to install.
- It provides excellent flexibility and functionality.
- The pressure isn’t as high as some would like.
- It has a slight leak when handheld showerhead is in use.
Gone are the days of headaches trying to make sure that your handheld showerhead doesn’t fall on you while you are returning it to its place. This Moen includes a magnetic docking system, making it easy to use.
The Moen includes a six-function spray to provide users with variety and it is made from a spot-resistant brushed nickel which helps to keep it looking good and clean. Instead of having to turn a dial, this Moen includes a button for changing settings. The hose offers plenty of flexibility for users to be able to shower comfortably (especially taller people).
To help you understand if this is the showerhead for you, we have included the pros and cons to this Moen handheld showerhead:
- The magnetic docking system makes it easy to dock.
- It has an easy-to-maneuver hose that offers flexibility.
- It’s lightweight and easy to install.
- It doesn’t have the highest water pressure.
- The water restrictor can’t be removed.
Because it’s a Waterpik showerhead, you can trust that the Original Shower Massage technology is great on this showerhead.
Some other attractive features on this Waterpik SM-653CG are the 5-foot shower hose that is flexible and easy-to-clea. Its adjustable angle bracket helps users get the perfect angle for their water flow in the shower. It also includes OptiFLOW technology which helps to provide a powerful waterflow. With its different water settings, users can increase the spray and power or minimize it, according to their preferences.
The following are the top pros and cons to the Waterpik Sm-653CGG:
- It has an excellent massage setting.
- It offers decent water pressure for a cleansing shower.
- It has different levels of water spray.
- The hose is plastic, which may be a negative feature for some.
- Not everyone likes the spray settings.
It’s nice to have the ability to pause your shower for a minute without having to worry about getting the water temperature perfect all over again. The pause feature on the Delta 58467 is most definitely a favorite one for people who like to be able to work up a shaving lather or shave without having to turn off the water.
It has a variety of spray settings which makes a shower more than just a simple shower: full massage spray, fast massage spray, and a full body spray. The handheld showerhead can be used separately or placed back in its spot on the stationary showerhead or be used together, providing users with plenty of options to choose from. The showerhead and hose is made from chrome.
The following are the Delta’s pros and cons:
- It is aesthetically pleasing.
- The Delta has plenty of options.
- It is made from good materials.
- It doesn’t have very strong water pressure.
- The massage setting isn’t strong enough for everyone.
The pause switch on the HotelSpa 42-setting Ultra Luxury showerhead makes it easy to turn the water flow on and off. For people who like convenience, the button is a great feature.
The HotelSpa has many attractive features that make it one of the best showerheads around. First of all, users can use the two showerheads together or separately. It comes with several different waterflow patterns, such as Rain, Massage, Economy Rain, Mist, Pause, and many more. Another attractive component is that it has four combination settings so you can mix and match. It also has a stainless steel hose that screams quality and provides plenty of flexibility for easy maneuvering in the shower.
Some other top features are:
- It has dual conical brass hose nuts which makes it easy to set up
- It has rub-clean jets for easy cleaning
- Its overhead bracket is angle-adjustable to allow for easy cleaning and showering
To help you determine if this is the showerhead for you, here are the pros and cons:
- It is made from quality materials: stainless steel, ABS, and brushed nickel.
- The HotelSpa offers plenty of functions.
- It is very easy to install.
- It provides great water pressure.
- Its finish makes it too shiny for some people’s preferences.
- The handheld showerhead isn’t the best and can be tricky to work with.
Our Guide on What to Look For
When looking for a showerhead, you want to find one with features that matter to you. To help you determine which showerhead is the best for your needs, the following are some things that you may want to look for and ask yourself:
- Are you shorter or taller? Depending on your height, there are some features to consider. For example, if you are tall, you will want to find a long hose that will provide you with the functionality you need and if you are a bit shorter, you will want a showerhead that is easy to dock.
- Do you like a lot of settings and massage options in your shower? You will want to find a showerhead that offers variety in both settings and functions.
- Does the material matter to you? While some people may not mind plastic material in their shower, others won’t. One of the best materials for showerheads and hoses is stainless steel.
- Do you know how to install showerheads? Not everyone knows how to install showerheads or others may not know how to use tools. Look for a showerhead that doesn’t require tools for its installation.
As you ask yourself what you feel or think about these things, you will be able to have a better understanding of what you want in your showerhead. All of the products on our list each include some top features that we feel are important to the best showerheads.
Is there room for progress?
While the showerheads on this list include some amazing ones with excellent technology, we do feel that there is room for improvement in the showerhead market. Some of the above-mentioned products offer adjustability while others don’t. This is one area that can be improved as when it comes to showers, there is no one-size-fits-all, and a showerhead that may work well for a taller person doesn’t for a shorter person. A perfect showerhead and hose would be one that offers adjustability in all of its components.
We consider all the showerheads on this list to be some of the best ones that you can find, but we have a definite favorite. We like the Hydroluxe Full-Chrome 24 Function Ultra-Luxury Shower-Head/Handheld Shower Combo because although there is room for improvement in the quality of materials that it uses, we consider the broad range of settings and options to be a great reason to buy it. It also has good quality materials to ensure long-lasting use and we like that it does offer adjustability in many of its features, which is a very important part of a good handheld showerhead.
For its great price and functionality, we consider the Hydroluxe Full-Chrome 24 Function Ultra-Luxury Shower-Head/Handheld Shower Combo to be the best on our list, but the other options also have their own unique features that may appeal to your preferences. Take your time and choose the one that you can be confident will work best for you. Happy showering!